Just a few notes before diving in to this latest post…
- November’s Book of the Month will be combined with December’s due to Thanksgiving, a busy month around NaNoWriMo and other crazy things in life.
- My instagram has been added to the Find Me Elsewhere section!! Feel free to follow!
- Keep an eye out for an upcoming post surrounding my recent mini-vacation and first writing residency at Wellspring House in Ashfield, MA!!
- There will be a post in December reflecting on my first experience doing NaNoWriMo along with a final word count
- Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
So, this is new to me. I was nominated very recently by my fellow writer and Twitter pal, the lovely Katelyn Buxton, for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Please check out this woman by the way she is a sweetheart and absolutely awesome!! On with the fun…
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are the 11 questions from Katelyn along with my answers:
1) What’s your favorite movie?
Oh dear that’s a tough one, but if I had to choose it would be The Blind Side. Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses (The Proposal is another standout!!), I love biopics (even though they always have some inaccuracies in portrayal or story) and I find it ironic because I come from a family of die-hard New England Patriots fans and I hate football haha! Forrest Gump would be a close second.
2) A song that made an impact on you.
That happened to me just a few weeks ago with Numb by David Archuleta. The song was one of his first pop songs in a few years after serving a mission from 2012 to 2014. He co-wrote it with Trent Dabbs and Jamie Kenney talking about his struggles in returning to the music world, struggles within himself in wanting to walk away from his career altogether and whatever went on personally for him. He first debuted the song during some concerts and just recently released it as a single for his upcoming project that will be released next year. The words are just raw, honest and real and that’s what I always loved and admired about David. I realized after the music video came out how much the words really reflected my own personal demons from the last two years and it left me in tears with David, somehow, always able to articulate how I feel, and how he feels, through music. It was a very profound moment for me. If anyone wants to check out the song, you can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_CSviGy74s
3) Math or creative writing?
Creative writing hands down. My passion :).
4) Do you have any pets? If so, what are they? If not, what kind of pet do you choose?
I had a pet, my fluffy brat of a cat named Iniki who sadly passed away in early 2014. I would definitely want to have another cat in the future when I find my own apartment or a house, I love cats and their quirky moments are always great forms of entertainment. Meow lol!!
5) The last book you read.
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. It was also my choice for October’s Book of the Month!
6) What’s your favorite TV show?
It is currently a tie between This Is Us and How to Get Away With Murder. The casts, storylines and characters are just incredible. This Is Us is so heartfelt and emotional while How to Get Away With Murder is intense and keeps you on the edge of your seat every week (I too was not thrilled with who was #UnderTheSheet!!! I actually cried!!).
7) If you could forget a book and read it over again for the first time, which one would you choose?
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. I actually found myself putting it down when I was rereading it!! I first read the book my final year of college for my Victorian Novel class and it was such a fun read!! The text was also refreshing and a nice change of pace from the other books we discussed. Sometimes when you reread a classic it doesn’t feel the same I guess.
8) Do you prefer cold weather or warm weather?
Warm weather. As a New Englander all of my life, I never enjoyed the cold even though it was always fun to look and play in the snow growing up. At least in warm weather you can cool off!!
9) What’s your favorite color?
Pink. It’s my color and I actually found out this year my birthday falls on National Pink Day!! It was meant to be from the beginning!
10) What’s your favorite artist/band?
David Archuleta. Going back to my earlier discussion from question 2, David has been my favorite musician and role model since I was a teenager. His music got me through a lot during the past couple of years, his example has been my saving grace and the blessing I actually needed in my life and he’s just been so refreshing to me. He’s one of the few men I respect and have been impressed by. Plus, he just continues to surprise and impress me by being himself instead of what everyone else wanted from him after his run on American Idol in 2008. He may be “not successful” to some because of not many hits anymore, getting awards and so on. But he doesn’t care about that. He always cared about God, the music and impacting others in a positive way. If anything, I am happy and thankful he is happier now, that he’s doing his own thing and overall, that he didn’t give up on his passion because from what I’ve seen from fan videos of concerts, he belongs on that stage. It’s been amazing and a privilege to follow his career from when I was 14 to now at 23 years old. He’s come a long way and has grown SO MUCH. I couldn’t be prouder, he deserves everything in the world.
11) What’s your favorite genre in books?
I’ve always been a romance fan (still am!) but Christian Romance has weaved a place in to my heart. It’s not because of the lack of profanity or sexual stuff, but it’s just refreshing to me. The stories are relatable spiritually, I feel inspired every time I read a book by a favorite author because of the writing style and the issues discussed. They just leave an impression on me. Now my mom reads them :).
OK I now apparently have to tag people and come up with my own questions…? eek!!
- Jolene Haley
- Tracy Erler
- Drifting Pages
- Amber and Cats
- Linette Allen
- and whoever else is interested!! Have some fun with it!
My 11 Questions:
1) Are you an anime fan? If so, what’s your favorite show? If you can’t name just one you can do a top five.
2) If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
3) Did you have a favorite board game as a kid? If so, which one?
4) What keeps you going when you’re having a bad day?
5) What’s your favorite holiday and why?
6) Is there a musical instrument you always wanted to play? If so, which one? If not, why not?
7) Which do you prefer? The original book or the movie adaptation?
8) Name one thing you love about yourself.
9) Cats or dogs? It had to be asked lol.
10) Name one lesson that has stayed with you years later.
11) Favorite Disney/Pixar movie.