Now that it is officially December 1st, that means two things. For NaNoWriMo participants, the sprint is over for another year. For Christmas lovers, that means diving into all the holiday books and movies you can get your hands on! Since this is a writing blog, I want to focus on books in particular.
How many of you will read the Dickens classic A Christmas Carol this month? You might have seen a couple film adaptations over the years as I have. Or maybe you’ll rekindle inner child by reading The Polar Express, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, or The Nutcracker. You’ve also seen a few Christmas books reviewed on this blog including The Mistletoe Inn and The Christmas Cat that might pique your interest. The choices are endless! I’ve already grabbed a few Christmas books at my local library–some I’ve read before and some I’ve just discovered.
Hallmark Publishing, where I’ve have had the pleasure to read and review eBooks this year, also has some holiday favorites to add to your stocking:
- The Heart of Christmas by Jill Monroe
- A Timeless Christmas by Alexis Stanton
- The Christmas Company by Alys Murray
- Christmas in Evergreen by Nancy Naigle
- A Christmas to Remember by Rebecca Moesta
- A Heavenly Christmas by Rhonda Merwarth
- Love You Like Christmas by Keri F. Sweet
- Christmas in Homestead by Kara Tate
- Journey Back to Christmas by Leigh Duncan
Christmas movies are awesome, of course, and you could make an endless list of favorites too. But, it never hurts to give books some attention.
Do you have a favorite Christmas book? What do you plan on reading this holiday season? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Happy reading and writing!